Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Journaling


One of my resolutions for the new year is to write a journal... not necessarily EVERY day, but often.

January 2, 2012:
A relaxing day mostly hanging out at Connie & Bill's. I went out to get gas in my car before it leaves me stranded somewhere scrambling for my AAA card in need of rescue service.

Then went to Barnes and Noble to catch up on a few current edition magazines. I'm always amazed at how many different magazines are published on every possible subject.

It's good for me to get out at least once a day and go somewhere. The roads around here are a bit confusing. Sun City West is designed in a circular pattern and, unless you actually look at a map, it's hard to get your bearings.

I like all the choices for shopping around here! I don't do that much shopping but I like having choices when the mood strikes. I like some of the stores we don't have available in Wenatchee, like a BIG bookstore. It's one of my favorite places to go hang out when I have nothing else to do (or don't want to do anything else). I also like Panda Express and Dunkin Donuts, Long John Silvers, and many of the little strip mall cafes.

After my gas-getting outing I went back to the house, played Connie 3 games of Yahtzee then went to take a late nap. All that effort being a good sport while losing makes me tired. I must have been really tired because I slept right through dinner in spite of Connie calling me. Oh well, won't hurt me to miss a meal or three... or more!

January 3, 2012:
I got out in the front courtyard for a little sun before the overcast skies sneaked in. Still a pleasant 68ish degrees in spite of the cloud cover.

I called to make a Thursday appointment with the Ford dealership for an oil change and 30,000 mile check up. Hopefully, nothing will need to be done and I can get out of there without blowing my budget.

Connie and I have a massage scheduled for 12:45 this afternoon so I'm anxiously watching the clock.

Stay tuned...
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment