Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Daily Grind

The weather continues to be beautiful in Arizona. Even the locals seem to think it's unusually warm for January. I love it !


January 5 - 7:

Thursday was 30,000 mile car maintenance day. Since I plan to keep my car for a long time, and do some road traveling, I want to keep her running at tip top performance.


My car is nearly 4 years and just recently turned over 30,000 miles. Low miles so far, but that will likely change now that I'm trying to fill the lonely void in my life with visiting family and friends... and using my camera as a travel companion.


After my excursion to the car dealership, Connie and I went for lunch at a Mexican place called Macayos. It has large portions of, colorfully presented, good food and a fun decor conducive to taking interior pictures.

Friday: Even on vacation, a person has to do chores, so I did some laundry and general clean-up in my room.

After getting back from her Dr. appointment, Connie and I went to the Sun City West library which was totally awesome. I like libraries. They have a sense of peace and reverence to them. I was so impressed with the organization of the library, with separate rooms for various categories: Media (music and videos), Newspapers, Investments, etc. They even had a room full of computers for people to use. Very cool.

Saturday was a totally lazy day for me. I set up my tri-pod and took pictures of some paintings Connie wants to sell. Other than that, though, I spent time reading, laying in the sun, napping and doing Words with Friends (my new online scrabble addiction).

Today is a new day. Other than church at 1:00 I have no idea what the rest of the day will hold. I hope for a little time in the sun !

Stay tuned...
Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment