Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Desert Botanical Garden / Phoenix


The plan to go on an excursion with Connie today fell through because she took Bill to the ear doctor and it took longer than expected.

Instead, I headed out to the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix by myself. It was a warm, sunny day and I made the mistake of only wearing a sleeveless top.

As a result, I didn't spend as much time at the garden as I would have liked... in the interest of saving my skin from turning direct from white to red. I'm working on getting a tan, not turning into a lobster.

Anyway, I did take a lot of pictures. Here is a link to the complete album. Some good, some not so good due to the direction of the sun The picture above is actually glass art, not real plants.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114732250621064799297/DesertBotanicalGardenPhoenix

Click on a photo to enlarge, then scroll left or right with the arrows. Enjoy !

In spite of all the traffic down here, I don't mind driving around. Even though it gets jammed at times, for the most part traffic moves along pretty good due to an abundance of lanes. There are up to 7 lanes going each way on the freeways... and almost always 4 - 6 depending on the location. You still have to watch for the crazies who zip in and out of traffic in a hazardous way, but you get that anywhere I guess.

Tomorrow is a scheduled oil change and 30,000 mile check-up for my trusty traveling companion.

Stay tuned...
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment