Monday, September 5, 2011

Lives 1 thru 4


It seems appropriate that my first post should explain why I titled this blog "My 5th Life".

I've often said, with life's constant changes. we go into new chapters of life from time to time... but my life seems bigger than chapters so I'm declaring multiple lives (with lots of chapters in each).

My 1st life began on April 7, 1952 when I was born. It lasted until I was 12. My Mom died when I was 7 and my Dad died in May of 1964.

My 2nd life began when my Dad died in 1964 and my brother and I went to live with our Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Orval. This was my Dad's brother and his wife.

My 3rd life began when I moved to Wenatchee, Washington in June of 1970, at the age of 19. This was my single, independent life.

My 4th life began on September 10, 1983 when I married, Max, the love of my life. That amazing life ended on May 22nd, 2011 when Max passed away.

Hence, my 5th life has begun. I could probably write a book on each life but I won't. I did run a blog on my 4th life (with Max) for a a few years. That can be found at: www.TreeDoctor.blogspot.com . What a life we had together!

My hope and prayer is to, eventually, find new purpose to my life without Max's physical presence.

My one last thought for this post is that I can't help but hope I'm not a reincarnated cat. I don't think I want to live a total of 9 lives! I'm hoping 5 will be enough then I can go be with Max again and live, as the Fairy Tales promise, happily ever after!

Stay tuned...
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment