Saturday, December 24, 2011

Road trip December 2011


I'm spending the holidays in Arizona with Connie and Bill. I miss Max, of course, but figure it would be good for me to spend time with family during the holidays.

I took the long way to Arizona in order to make a stop in Spokane to see Lisa & Alan and then a stop in Salt Lake City to spend some time with Lana.

I originally planned to leave home on the 14th but thought better of that as I watched the weather reports. I decided leaving a couple days later should give me smooth sailing for the whole trip. My planned worked!

I drove to Spokane on Friday the
16th. It was foggy during my time there but we had a good time. We went out to dinner, and hung out with their friends. Lisa introduced me to her addiction to "Words With Friends", an online
form of scrabble. I have cursed her ever since because, not only do I play too much... I lose a lot!

Alan gave me a peanut brittle making lesson which was fun. He's a master!



I left Spokane on Sunday morning, headed to Salt Lake City. I stayed in Mountain Home, Idaho Sunday night then made it to SLC late Monday afternoon.

Lana took me down to Temple Square that night to enjoy the holiday decorations. We spent a little time walking around the Grande Hotel, then to Temple Square, then back to the Grand Hotel for a light dinner.

On Tuesday I took Lana (she drove) for a birthday pedicure and manicure. Lana's birthday is December 22nd and always gets cheated
because it's so close to Christmas.

Anyway, that was fun. Then we met her friend Diana, at Mimi' for lunch. I enjoyed spending time with Diana and getting to know here a little better.


On Wednesday morning I warmed up the car and pointed it toward Connie & Bill's (in Sun City West, Arizona). I made it as far as Las Vegas that day. I wanted to take a few pictures around town but made the mistake of laying down on my hotel bed and fell asleep until 11:30 p.m. I wasn't going trotting about Las Vegas by myself at that time of night. I wasn't so worried about me, but I surely didn't want anything happening to my precious camera! LOL

I arrived at Connie & Bill's late Thursday afternoon and have been settling in ever since. I have my own room and bathroom and wireless internet... so what more could a girl ask for? I may never leave... that is until I know the weather at home has warmed up!

Connie & Bill are both doing well. Connie is still recovering from her back surgery. All is good except she struggles with muscle spasms. I think ongoing muscle therapy would help. It sure did for me!

Bill seems to be responding well to his chemotherapy and blood transfusion. He's in good spirits and more active than I've seen him in a long time!

Today is Christmas Eve, so I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Stay tuned for more adventures...
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment