Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day 2011


Christmas day with Connie and Bill included a relaxing morning lounging around and then opening presents.

After opening my awesome presents (and I got some really cool stuff) we got dressed up to go to the special music presentation at church.

Connie made a deal with me that if I did the turkey she would prepare the rest of the meal. I jumped at that offer. I prepared the turkey and had it in the oven before leaving for church.
After church, Connie went to work on preparing the rest of the meal. Things were going well until the turkey took longer to cook than I planned, so her part was ready before the turkey! Normally I am preparing the whole meal and schedule it all out, but I guess I'm not so good at the ala carte thing. LOL

While Connie worked on the rest of the dinner I sat around and read and felt guilty. I did offer to help some but she seemed to have a plan so I let her be.

The dinner was scrumptious and we enjoyed leftovers today, and will be for a few more days. Always a favorite bonus of Christmas dinner.

All is well,
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment